Saturday, December 18, 2010

'Ryan' 7/23/10

he gave me a piece of his mind
last night I dreamed that I was like him
trying so hard to formulate the words to converse with others
trying so hard to understand my surroundings and appropriate my behavior
to adjust to the social settings around me
I woke up feeling so lost
I was at a loss for words

not knowing if I would ever be able to articulate my words again
I splashed cold water on my face and squinted at myself in the mirror
yes, it was just me
but Ryan changed me that day
he was looking for a friend
he was just looking to connect with others
he just wanted to get to know someone and have them get to know him
he is probably one of the most humane people I have met in my life
I appreciated our moment together
thank you Ryan, for giving me an increased sense of kindness and belonging,
I should only be so lucky to have met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment