Monday, February 7, 2011

My favorite Spoken Word poets at this time





The above 'B' poem is the poem I recited for my public speaking class. I will forever hold her words dear to my heart (and ingrained in memory!)

Sarah Kay is quite possibly the best spoken word female artist. She also holds spoken word poetry trainings. You can find her website here: http://www.project-voice.net/about-us/



One of my favorite parts in Sulaiman's poem: " I am David, with a sling shot and rock". Sulaiman is a very religious and spiritual man. I am so in awe of his passion on and off stage.




Mayda Del Valle... Mayda Del Valle. She is amazing. A well-known spoken word artist who has performed not only at Def Poetry but at the White House. Her talent and passion has landed her a tremendous position in the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment